Crock Pot Turkey Vegetable Chili Mac
Have to admit that I am not generally a fan of chili, but this sounds sooooooo good I will have to give it a try!
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or garlic powder equivalent)
- 1 tsp Mexican seasoning
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- brown turkey in skillet on stovetop *Have to admit I never pre-cook CrockPot meat, but that's just lazy me!
- combine turkey, beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, garlic and seasoning in Crock Pot
- cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours
- stir in macaroni
- cover and cook on LOW 10 minutes & then stir mixture thoroughly
- cover and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until pasta is tender
- serve with a dollop of sour cream on top
*Makes 6 hearty servings.
~ The Lazy Gourmet