Sunday 15 December 2013

Hot Mulled Cider

Hot Mulled Cider

I have this going in my Crock Pot every year on Christmas morning so everyone can stay warm and toasty while we open gifts.  The alcohol is optional, of course, if you are serving children.  Although if you need it to handle the in-laws then you can always add it to your own mug later! <wink>

Ingredients

- 2 litres apple cider
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cinnamon sticks (or more if you really like cinnamon)
- 6 whole cloves (personally I skip these)
- 1/2 cup bourbon *Alcohol is optional

Instructions

- combine all ingredients in Crock Pot
- cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours *Quick Tip - I put this mixture on LOW at about 6AM on Christmas morning and by the time guests are arriving around 8AM it is heated thru and ready to serve. I leave the Crock Pot on LOW all morning to keep it warm
- discard cloves before serving

*Serving tip - I put a container of cinnamon sticks on my counter next to the Crock Pot so guests can put one in their cider as a stir stick for added festive flavour.

*Makes 16 servings

Enjoy!

` The Lazy Gourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment