Savoury Chicken Stew
We made this earlier in the week and it was really good! The leftovers were perfect for school lunches too. Veggies can be substituted depending on your taste - we skipped the broccoli and added mushrooms and red peppers instead.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can condensed Cream of Chicken & Broccoli soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into quarters (approx 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (approx 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets *Quick Tip - we are not broccoli lovers in our house so we substituted mushrooms and red peppers. Any veggie you like will do!
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- in large skillet over medium-high heat, in hot oil, cook chicken until browned, stirring often
- remove chicken once cooked and set aside
- in same skillet, combine soup, milk, potatoes, pepper and veggies *Quick Tip - we used a large pot for this step as things were overflowing out of the skillet!
- heat mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low
- cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- add cooked chicken to stew mixture
- cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink & veggies are tender
*Makes 4 main-dish servings.
~ The Lazy Gourmet