Saturday 17 May 2014

The Lazy Gourmet Mutts

My 12-year-old son is currently working on a school project for his IT class, where he has to create a slideshow of pictures, all of people, places, or things that are special to him or that he enjoys.  So far he has photos of the dogs, his Pokemon cards, and some X-Box games. These are the "important" things in the life of a 12-year-old.  I am hoping a photo of his mother will rate at some point. *wink* 

So this project of his got me thinking about the thousands upon thousands of pictures I have taken over the years, and I thought I would share a few with you on this chilly Saturday morning in May.  And by the way, Mother Nature, what up?!?!  It is not supposed to BE chilly in May! 


I digress.  A few photos. Today's theme - The Mutts!  Enjoy!


                                          Biscuit assists me with my blogging :)



                                         Road-tripping! On our way up to the cottage last summer.

                                         Biscuit the Beagle X and Tango the Greyhound.

                                         Oh there's a story here! This was taken after she ESCAPED (yes, escaped!) from a leash-free park and I had to climb a 5 foot fence and tackle her in a wooded ravine! She is begging for forgiveness while I nursed my wounds and my ripped pants!

                                         Thanksgiving Dinner - mutt style! I am holding handfuls of leftover ham.  Hence their unusual attentiveness!

                                          Naptime - Beagle style.

                                         Tango in his fancy bandage after a surgery last year.

                                         Rough day!

                                          Biscuit pretends she is a cat.

                                          She absolutely LOVES the snow!!

                                         My big beautiful boy!  Taken on his 6th birthday.

                                         I say to her regularly, "It's a good thing you're cute!"

                                          Winter snuggles.  Shhhh, don't tell Tango his blankie is pink!

                                          The Beagle - cat napping.

                                          Peek-a-boo!  I love this one!

                                         A bit of craziness!

                                          This was taken 2 days after Biscuit joined our family.  Amazing!

                                          Crazy mutt in the sunshine :)

There are many days when I talk to them through gritted teeth and wonder whose idea it was to have 2 dogs anyway (!!!), but the smiles they bring outweigh the frustrations (most days!) and we are very thankful to have them as part of our family.

Happy Weekend!

~ The Lazy Gourmet

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment