Saturday 24 May 2014

Gluten-Free Hits & Misses - Weekend Edition

 Happy Weekend GF peeps!  And Happy Memorial Day Weekend to my friends south of the border!  For us, this weekend will be spent continuing to pack for our move in August.  Although we are excited about the move, this whole packing and purging deal sucks!  I'm just sayin'......

Anyway, in an effort to delay that fun-filled job for as long as possible (just being honest!) I thought I'd share a few more Hits & Misses that we discovered this past week.


A "Snack Food Edition" suitable for the weekend. :)


Cookie It Up Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies - Can I just say.....OH.MY.GOD!  These are, hands down, the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tried.  Gluten-free or otherwise.  Major HIT!  They are like little, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread drops filled with chocolate chips.  I am embarrassed to admit that I ate the entire box and I am not even the gluten-free one in the house! Oops! :)


Nature's Path Envirokids Crispy Rice Granola Bars - another HIT for Nature's Path.  We seem to be having very good luck with their products so far.  These bars come in several different flavours and my son likes the "Lemur Bars" the best.  I can't remember what flavour they are but they (obviously!) have a lemur on the box.


Enjoy Life Mixed Berry Baked Chewy Bars - we have a difference of opinion regarding these.  I thought they were a HIT, my son however, rates them a MISS.  They are nice and soft and full of flavour, although I admit that they are VERY small and there are only 5 in the box.  They are about half the size of your average granola bar, so keep that in mind.  They are also nut-free and soy-free if that is of importance to you.

Glutino Gluten-Free Pretzels - Damn these are good!!  Pardon my french!  My son and I both rate these a major HIT, and that's a big deal for me because normally I don't even like pretzels!  They are super crunchy and the perfect cure for that crunchy, salty snack we all crave from time to time.  I also love how big the bag is!  Although at the rate we are eating them I'm not sure how long they will last. *wink*

I hope you are all finding our little reviews helpful.  I would love to hear about some of your Hits & Misses as well, if you have the time to comment and share.  You can also find us on Twitter @lazygourmetblog.

Have a wonderful weekend!

~ The Lazy Gourmet

No comments:

Post a Comment